Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sunrise

Watching the sun rise is an amazing experience. It rises slowly, peeking over a mountain, plain, or sea. Its light begins to erase the darkness.
I still remember last summer when I decided I wanted to watch a sunrise. I looked up the time it would rise, set my alarm carefully, and woke up the next morning full of excitement as I stole out of the house. I climbed the roof of our barn and watched the light emerge. I was awed at how stealthily he climbed upwards. In just a few minutes the sun's shaggy main was over the mountain smiling brightly at all who were awake to see him. Fascinated I managed to pull out my iPod and snap a few pictures, though the lens couldn't capture the glory of it all. The brisk morning air, anticipation, and awe was left with the morning, memories and a few photos are all I've retained. Till another day I watch the sunrise...


1 comment:

Please feel free to comment if you feel you have something to add. I monitor the comments so you won't come across bad language or anything that I deem inappropriate to the conversation. I would love to hear other voices because my view is only one and the picture becomes much more beautiful once enhanced my many colors.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.