For approximately the past two weeks I have been abroad, well on a car trip. We braved long hours in the car, stopping in Colorado, New Mexico, and for the most time; Texas.
It was fantastic. And I mean it too. Vacation means a whole lot more when you live on a farm!
But there's something special about home. And right now I'm in what I have decided to call, the Home Dazzle. It's when everything about home is beautiful. Even doing chores to make it look cleaner. (The chickens still don't sound quite that fun to feed but I'll manage.)
It's difficult to explain, and my writing skills are rusty. (Vacation does stuff like that.) But nonetheless I'll try.
 |
| Karen Arnold |
Upon hopping out of the car a deep blue sky greeted my eyes, the stars shining brilliantly, a sight I had missed dearly. Sadie whimpered till my Mom said hello, and I soon followed, petting her affectionately.When I walked into the house last night (or rather this morning) the lights were dimmed and the air seemed hazy. The floors were mopped and the counters cleared. I blinked a few times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. I made my way to my room, laughing at myself when I saw the little messes I made in haste to pack and get out the door. I switched my tank light on and watched my fish swim around in the water, enjoying the small current from the filter. My bed was wonderful, crawling into it in clean pajamas and snuggling with my quilt as it still hung lopsided, shorter by the wall and touching the floor where I hop in. But it didn't matter, it felt exactly like my bed feels on a regular basis, and that was what I wanted. Truly "There's no place like home."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to comment if you feel you have something to add. I monitor the comments so you won't come across bad language or anything that I deem inappropriate to the conversation. I would love to hear other voices because my view is only one and the picture becomes much more beautiful once enhanced my many colors.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.